A: You may be eligible for HAMP if you meet the following criteria
- Because of financial hardship, you are struggling to make your mortgage payments.
- You are delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage
- You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
- Your property has not been condemned.
- You owe up to $729,750 on your primary residence or one to four unit properties.
- You have not been convicted within the last 10 years of a crime in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction.